The Town of Lyons Fire Department and Rescue Squad is currently accepting applications to establish a one (1) year eligibility list for hiring for AEMT, EMT Basic and First Responders with a FF1 certification. The Town of Lyons has a growing Fire & EMS Department and is looking to fill multiple Part-Time positions to serve our community.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5:00 P.M. ON MONDAY, March 1st, 2021
Minimum qualifications include:
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license with a good driving record
- No criminal history
- Wisconsin State AEMT, EMT Basic or First Responder License
- Wisconsin State Firefighter One certification
- 2021 starting wage for AEMT/FF $18.50 per hour
- 2021 starting wage for EMT Basic/FF $16.50 per hour
- 2021 starting wage for First Responder /FF $14.50 per hour
Qualified applicants that meet the minimum qualifications, will be invited for an initial interview (date to be announced). Successful candidates will be required to take a physical, pass a drug test and criminal background test.
Applications are available online from the Town of Lyons web site:
http://www.townoflyonswi.com > Departments > Fire Department > Apply Now.
Completed applications/resumes can be mailed to the Town of Lyons Fire Department, Attn: Tiffany Taylor, Secretary, PO Box 32, Lyons, WI 53148 or emailed to [email protected]. Please include qualification certificates / licenses with application.
Questions regarding the position or the application process should be directed to Tiffany Taylor Department Secretary at 262-749-0849 or [email protected] and Neal Lara, Fire Chief at 262-749-0493 or [email protected].