SATURDAY, JUNE 25
Registration and Details
Come run the rapids and enjoy the beautiful country side of Lyons from the inside of a kayak or canoe. Join us for an adventurous trip down the “Mighty White”!
ALL proceeds will benefit the “Lyons For A Better Neighborhood” a non-profit, 501c3 organization bringing residents and businesses together in a mindfulness of community spirit. With the help of our tireless volunteers, we organize fundraisers, and exciting community-building events for all.
REGISTRATION TIME & COST: Registration: 11-12pm at Riverview Park in Lyons.
COST: $20 per person which will include walking taco bar/soda and koozie while supplies last. Food will be served at the Riverview park 1-5pm. Register online or Cash day of event.
NEW ** Independent tractor shuttle service will be available for kayak, gear and riders. Signed waiver will be required prior to riding.
There will be FREE GIVEAWAYS for all those who register. Winners will be drawn at 4pm but do not need to be present. Winners will be called and a time/date setup for pick up. If the weather is inclement, the rain date is on Saturday July 9th.
- **NEW** Kayak Raffle. Tickets will be sold at local businesses prior to event for $10. Win a 10ft pelican kayak and paddle!!!
- We have a 50/50 raffle as well, draws at 4pm*
START OF TRIP: You can start anywhere along the White River you choose.
- Popular choice is to start from the Grand Geneva bridge on Sheridan Springs Road and ends back at Riverview Park in Lyons. You would put a chaser vehicle at the Riverview park. This trip can take approximately 2-3 hrs depending on the water levels and how many times you stop to swim.
- If your not experienced in rapids or maneuvering, feel free to start at The Grand Geneva-Sheridan Springs Road and get out at the White River County Park before the rapids or the bridge before the county park. (limited parking) This trip is approx. 1-2hrs. This would be a great run for beginners. This portion of river has no rapids.
HELPFUL TIPS: PADDLE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Please be respectful of the river, parks, and one another.
- Float at your own risk! Don’t paddle too close to allow for maneuvering on corners.
- Life vests are to be aboard any watercraft by Wisconsin state law.
- Glass containers are not permitted on river or at our parks & launches.
- No Littering- there are garbage cans at all launch spots * Please take all garbage with you when you leave the river!
- dry bags and coolers should be secured to the vessel at all times
- Rule of thumb: If you don’t want your belongings wet, lost, or broken don’t bring them or have a dry storage bag that secures to yourself or your kayak/canoe.
- EVERYONE HAVE FUN, ENJOY AND MAKE GREAT LASTING MEMORIES!
For all information or questions please feel free the contact Jackie at 262-210-2322, email [email protected] or visit our website. https://lyonsforabetterneighborhood.com/4th-annual-kayak-run