Public Health Water Laboratory
A water test kit may be obtained from the Walworth County Health and Human Services reception desk Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Homeowners are responsible for collecting their own water samples and for returning samples during open laboratory hours (listed below). Samples may be collected from any faucet supplied with cold water.
Certified Water Tests
The following certified tests are available:
- Bacteria (Coliform and E. coli)
Water Laboratory Hours
Every 3rd Friday of the Month
|8:00 am – 4:00 pm
|| 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
||8:00 am – 4:00 pm
|| 8:00 am – Noon
|| 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
The Water Laboratory is closed on the following days:
- April 14-15, 2022
- May 30, 2022
- July 4, 2022
- September 5, 2022
- November 23 – November 25, 2022
- December 19, 2022 – January 15, 2023
Water Sample Rejection
Water samples will be rejected if:
- Samples are in an unapproved, dirty, or damaged container.
- Nitrate samples are not received on ice.
- Samples cannot be analyzed within 30 hours of collection for bacteria or 48 hours for nitrates.
- Samples do not contain the required amount of water.
- Samples have been frozen.